Presented by Clare O’Keeffe, Succession Ireland
In-person, 2-day course followed up with 1-hour post-training with your community of practitioners online.
- Venue: Glen Eagle Hotel, Killarney, Co. Kerry.
- Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm daily
- 13 CPD points on course completion
Date options for this training are:
- Monday & Tuesday 11th & 12th March 2024, 1 hour online 22nd March 2024
- Monday & Tuesday 13th & 14th May 2024, 1 hour online 24th May 2024
Cost: €525 includes course materials and mid-morning tea/coffee each day. Early bird offer €475 expires 28 days in advance of course commencing.
- Clare O’Keeffe. Nuffield Scholar, Certified Farm Transition Coordinator & Mediator
- B.A. Econ., M. Agr. Sc Extension & Innovation.
CPD: This training qualifies for 13 CPD points on course completion.
- This programme is an advanced agricultural mediation skills programme simplified in a step-by-step process.
- Participants will build on existing skills and develop their facilitative capabilities in a highly interactive learning environment.
Aims & Objectives
- Normalising succession conversations using mediation skills.
- Creating awareness of the cognitive, emotional and physical challenges facing farmers and farm families using mediation skills.
- Facilitate and mediate emotionally challenging conversations.
- Incorporate self-care and reflective practice strategies.
This programme is specifically targeted to mediators and agricultural consultants focusing on the economic, social and environmental impact within succession planning conversations in the agricultural sector. Tailored to mediators who intend to mediate within the agricultural sectors with farmers and farm families in challenging conversations.
This programme will provide participants with tools and strategies to address the complex issue of succession planning though a practical yet pragmatic approach.
The programme will allow the application of theory and practice to the ongoing activities aligned with succession conversations. Role play will be incorporated throughout the training.
Programme modules include;
- Understanding the journey to date – listening and paraphrasing skills.
- Farmer, family and the farm business identity the intertwined complexities.
- Generational differences. Values and beliefs.
The AEIOU model will be incorporated into this agricultural mediation training.
- Addressing assumptions, Asset rich and cash poor. Aware of WATNA
- Expectations, entitlements. Equal / fair. Environmental sustainability
- Income, investing and identity
- Opportunities and outcomes
- United as a family
This training will;
- Create an appetite and appreciation for mediating within farming and the agri sector.
- Develop a deeper understanding of complex conversations pertaining to the agricultural and rural communities.
- Incorporate and sustain self-care and reflective practise.
Testimonials on the training
What did you find most valuable for you as part of the course?
- “Excellent course. Definitely would need to have 5-8 years’ work experience in the sector before you do this course”
- “The background to succession decisions on farm”
- “Learning tips, setting agendas & ground rules”
- “How to deal with mediation. The skill set required. The important of asking the correct question”
- “How to prep before a meeting”
Register Your Interest
Course numbers will be limited to 20 participants per course. Each course is a stand-alone course where each group of participants may share the learning within their own group.
Payment: Payment by interbank transfer or Revolut.
Payment and receipt of the completed booking form secures booking.
For further enquiries call 086 6013365
Cancellation: If cancelled 14 days in advance of the course commencing, a full refund will be returned less an administration cost of €25.00. No refund if cancelled less than 14 days to course commencing. However, a substitute person may attend the full course instead with an administration charge of €25.00.
The trainer retains the right to cancel or postpone the course in the event that there are not sufficient numbers booked.